Getting your first Skateboard
So, you’re in the market for a skateboard. With all the different shapes, sizes, and brands, it can be tough to know where to start. You might be thinking: What kind of skateboard you should start with? What kind of deck should you choose in board? How large should be the size of the deck?
In this blog, we’ll give you a complete buying guide on your first skateboard, so that you can make an informed decision on your purchase so that you can enjoy it for years to come.
Prime benefits of Skateboarding
When it comes to skateboarding, there are a lot of benefits that you can get from it. For one, it can help improve your balance and coordination. Additionally, skateboarding can also help strengthen your leg muscles, core and tone your body. Moreover, it is a way of active life. It is also a great way to relieve stress and have fun at the same time.
What to decide before buying any Skateboard?
1. Decide what kind of skating you want to do: There are many different types of skateboarding like: Cruising, Long boarding, Carving, Surf Skating, Freestyle Dance boarding, Downhill, Electric Skateboarding and the most obvious classic one is Popsicle one, learning tricks on skate park.
Therefore, it’s important to decide which one you want to do before buying your first board. Do you want to cruise around the town or do tricks? Do you want a longboard or a surf skating? You decide!
2. Consider your skill level: If you’re a beginner, it’s important to get a board that is easy to ride and not too difficult to control like- long boarding or cruising. Skateboard with wider deck or more space for leg tends to be more stable, relaxed and easy to balance. As you become more skilled, you can move up to a more advanced board.
3. Get the right size board: Skateboards come in different sizes and shapes, so it’s important that you get a board that is the right size for your feet and weight. That could be curved deck or flat deck. Wider and longer deck for better balance. Otherwise, it will be difficult to ride and control.
4. Choose the right deck material: Skateboard decks are made from different materials like plastic, maple wood and sometime bad quality wood as well just to make your board really cheap. So it’s important to choose one that is durable, light and will hold up well and last longer especially when you banging your board a lot and learning your tricks. Therefore, wooden board is the right choice for beginner or advanced level.
5. Pick the right trucks and wheels: The trucks and wheels are two of the most important parts of a skateboard, it’s important to choose the good quality metal in truck so that truck won't bend or break despite your weight or when you learning your tricks. Go for a softer wheels if you are planning to do street and out door skating but if you have plan for doing tricks and riding in skate park or bowl definitely go for smaller and harder wheels.
6. Don’t forget safety gear: It’s important to always wear safety gear when skateboarding, such as a helmet, elbow and knee pads. Remember even Pro skaters use safety protection all the time then why not you?
What makes JT Skate Shop?
If you are looking for a skateboard that is going to be the best choice for you, then JT Skate is the place to go. We offer a wide variety of skateboards, any types of skateboarding you are planning to do.. which means that you will be able to find the perfect one for your needs. In addition, we offer fast free shipping, so you can rest assured that you are getting the best board possible from our stores in London or from our website.
The best part is After Sale Servicing for our customers is always Free and will be Free forever.